A WA speedway racer accused of killing an elderly couple in a head-on crash in California has been dealt another blow with the victims’ family now suing him for “unlimited” damages. Court documents obtained by The West Australian show relatives of Jack and Linda Davis have launched a civil case in the Superior Court of the State of California against Narrogin’s Luke Nardini. Mr Nardini, 31, is accused of driving a white BMW on the wrong side of the road near La Honda, south of San Francisco, before crashing head-on into a Ford Taurus carrying four people. Mr and Mrs Davis were back-seat passengers in the Ford and died from their injuries. The civil case is set to be heard for the first time in March next year. Court documents show the plaintiffs are suing for wrongful death and general negligence involving a motor vehicle, and that the action is an “unlimited civil case” — which means the amount sought exceeds more than $25,000. The case has been brought by Diane Hughes and Victoria Davis, the siblings of Mr Davis, and Denise Hughes, and Donna Lembke and Steve and Frank Cabezus, who are the siblings of Mrs Davis. It is alleged the family suffered a “loss of comfort, society, protection and support and funeral and burial expenses as a result of the wrongful deaths of Jack Davis and Linda Davis”. “Defendant Luke Nardini negligently failed to act as would a reasonably prudent motor vehicle operator under the same or similar circumstances,” the court documents, lodged last week, allege. They are seeking compensation and other damages “according to proof”. Mr Nardini — a well-known face on the WA speedway scene — is already set for trial in relation to criminal charges stemming from the deadly crash. He is facing two misdemeanour counts of vehicular manslaughter. Last week, he appeared in a California court for a pre-trial hearing where he was told the trial was now delayed until December 6. After the hearing, Mr Nardini broke his silence more than a month after the collision, saying: “It was an accident, and I regret the whole thing.” He also thanked the WA community for supporting him. “It’s the only thing keeping me going, really. It’s really hard being over here knowing no one except my mum,” Mr Nardini said. “It’s not the greatest news it (the trial) being delayed another couple of months. (I’m) just going to have to cop it on the chin and deal with it.” It is believed he is staying in the San Francisco area with his mother Cheryle, who flew to the US to be with him. Mr Nardini has been racing in the Formula 500 class in WA for more than a decade.