College fire damage hits $80k
A fire at the Western Australian College of Agriculture Narrogin caused an evacuation and $80,000 damage last Tuesday.
Two Volunteer Fire and Rescue Service crews from Narrogin and one from Williams were called out to the blaze at about 3pm.
An extractor fan bearing fault in the trade section of the school sparked the fire, but firefighters had it contained and controlled by 3.40pm.
Principal Stephen Watt informed parents of the fire in the school’s College Chronicle newsletter last week. “Yesterday we had a fire in the dust extractor at trades which required evacuation and fire brigade attendance,” he said. “I am pleased the evacuation worked smoothly and everyone worked together to ensure everyone was safe and the area secure.
“My thanks to the Narrogin and Williams volunteer fire brigades for their efforts.”
Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.
Sign up for our emails